If you’ve ever been in a car accident, you know that it’s a hectic situation, and in some cases it’s dangerous. With that being said, it you have ever become a victim of a hit and run, it’s important that you get every piece of information possible. Because hit and run cases are on the rise, we thought it would be helpful to lay out the specific questions that will help you in your personal injury case. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administratio, in the year 2014, an estimated 2.3 million people were injured in motor vehicle crashes. A number that high certainly warrants problem solving. One of the biggest steps taken to improve driver safety is a demand for safer cars. But even with a safer car, you can still be injured by a reckless driver, more so, become a victim of a hit and run. Prepare yourself for the unexpected with this list of questions for witnesses.
- First things first – What did the car look like? If you can gather information on the appearance of the car, it can help to track down that driver. Ask about the make, model, and potentially the year, if the witness is able to identify that.
- License Plate – Ask your witnesses if they happened to get the license plate number and state, so that it can be looked up in a police database.
- Appearance – What did the driver look like? Getting an accurate description of the actual driver’s appearance can be crucial information for your personal injury case.
- Where Did They Go? Ask your witnesses if they happened to see which direction the driver fled to. That way police can have an accurate route to find the criminal.
- Did You Notice Anything Suspicious? Oftentimes, people commit hit and run crimes because they simply don’t carry insurance. However, drivers that are under the influence of drugs or alcohol might flee the scene in order to avoid a DUI charge.
Preparing for your personal injury case is going to be a lot of work. The most information you have for your case, the better the chances you have for solving it. While nothing is guaranteed in the legal world, evidence serves every case very well, so make sure that you gather as much information for evidence as you possibly can.
It should be understood that you should never face and auto accident alone. An auto accident attorney will not only help you in guiding you through the difficulties you’ll face with an auto accident, but they will fight for you. If the insurance companies decide not to pay out, your attorney will provide representation to fight that decision. Don’t ever sit idly by, and let yourself become a victim of debt because of someone else’s foul behavior. Contact your Top Rated Local Accident Attorney in Louisiana to get the representation you need.
Asking these questions of your witnesses, will help you to build a case. There are many other ways to gather evidence, such as surveillance cameras, so seek the evidence you need, so that when you hire a accident injury attorney, you already have fuel for your fire.