Zachary Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you want to boost your chance of recovering compensation after your motorcycle accident, enlist the help of a Zachary motorcycle crash lawyer.
Riding a motorcycle can enhance your appreciation of a scenic road and forge a special camaraderie between you and other riders. However, motorcyclists face special challenges when sharing roadways with other motorists.
Many passenger vehicle drivers don’t see motorcycle riders as legitimate sharers of the road. They may engage in dangerous behaviors like driving too closely to a motorcycle’s bumper or not looking for motorcyclists when changing lanes or making left turns. When a crash results, the motorcyclist is more vulnerable to injury than the other driver.
Unfortunately, insurers often paint the motorcyclist as the guilty party due to false stereotypes about reckless bikers. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, a Zachary motorcycle accident lawyer with Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers will work to bust this stereotype and get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
The unfortunate fact is that motorcycle accidents are common. Fortunately, your Zachary motorcycle crash lawyer will have experience representing people who have experienced all types of motorcycle wrecks, including the following:
- Left-Turn Accidents – This is an extremely common accident scenario. In 2013, left-turning vehicles striking motorcycles accounted for nearly half of all motorcycle accidents.
- Drunk, Drowsy, or Distracted Driving – When a vehicle driver is impaired by an illegal substance, lack of sleep, or a distraction in the car, all other motorists are put at risk. Motorcyclists face particular risk because they lack the external protections of car drivers.
- Defective Motorcycle Parts – If the braking, steering, or any other vital function of a motorcycle does not function properly, the parts manufacturer could be found liable for your crash and injuries.
- Road Hazards – If there are hazards in the road, a motorcyclist is more likely to suffer injury than other motorists in the event of a crash. State and local authorities responsible for maintaining safe roads could be found liable.
Zachary Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents can be especially severe. The following are injuries common to motorcycle crashes:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
Dealing with the Insurance Company
After an accident, you could be facing a world of hurt. Your injuries may force you out of the workplace. And missing out on income becomes especially stressful if you have serious physical injuries. One night in the hospital can cost thousands—and you may need weeks or months of rehabilitation.
Even the most careful motorcyclists can find themselves subject to the insurance company’s “reckless motorcyclist” narrative. This can be incredibly frustrating; you just want to move on with your life and put your accident behind you and instead come up against a system that’s biased against you.
An experienced Zachary motorcycle accident attorney will know how to take on the insurance company. Your lawyer will aggressively challenge the insurance company’s bias and work to hold the negligent party accountable.
The goal is to recover full and fair compensation that accounts for all the hardships your motorcycle accident has imposed on your life, which may include all medical bills, lost income, damage to your bike, pain and suffering, and more.
Contact a Zachary Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
After your motorcycle crash, get a qualified legal ally in your corner by partnering with Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers. We’ll stand up to the insurance company and fight hard for the compensation you deserve.
To speak with a Zachary motorcycle accident lawyer, give us a call at 225-387-2323 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page.