Zachary Car Accident Lawyer
It may not seem like it now, but you can get the compensation you need to recover after your car crash. For help, work with a Zachary car accident attorney.
A car accident can be a lot more than just a hassle. Car wrecks can leave you seriously injured, without transportation, and facing crushing debt. The accident can be so traumatizing that you wonder if you’ll ever be able to get behind the wheel again.
If a negligent driver caused your accident, it can be especially tough to face the aftermath. A settlement from the insurance company may not be enough to meet your needs, and you may wonder how to get full compensation that will help you get back on your feet.
An experienced Zachary car accident lawyer with Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers will work hard to get you every penny you’re owed.
A Look at Zachary Car Accidents
No matter the type of car accident you’ve experienced, you could be facing significant challenges. The following are a few common types of car crashes:
- T-Bone Accidents – These occur when the front of one car hits the side of your car. For example, a car speeds through a red light and hits the side of another car that has the right of way.
- Sideswipe Accidents – These occur when the sides of two vehicles collide. Interstate merge ramps are common sites of sideswipe accidents.
- Head-On Collisions – Head-on collisions can be extremely dangerous; they occur when the fronts of two cars collide. Head-on collisions are more common in rural areas.
- Rear-End Collisions – These occur when the front of one car hits the bumper of another car. A driver who has been rear-ended may suffer from whiplash and other injuries.
- Rollover Accidents – Rollover accidents occur when a car tips and rolls onto its side or top. While rollover accidents are often single-vehicle and caused by driver error, they can be caused by a larger vehicle hitting a smaller vehicle with such force that the car is upended. Product defects can also cause these accidents.
Preceding the accident, another driver may have been engaged in negligent driving behavior. Examples of negligent driving behaviors include the following:
- Distracted driving (texting, eating, arguing with passengers, and others)
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
After you contact a Zachary car crash attorney, you will review all the specifics of your case in order to determine fault. You may go over any relevant medical records, police reports, witness statements, photos from the scene, and other materials.
Dealing with Insurers
In the aftermath of an accident, it can be tempting to take an insurance settlement right away. However, you may not yet know the full extent of your injuries and financial losses. You’ll likely want to wait until you have a full picture of how the accident has negatively affected your life.
Insurance companies are, first and foremost, businesses. They are seeking to protect their own profits and will attempt to give you the lowest settlement possible. If you’ve suffered significant trauma from your accident, an initial settlement offer is not likely to cover all of your damages.
Your Zachary car wreck lawyer’s goal will be to get you compensation that accounts for all of your physical, mental, and emotional hardships following your accident:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring or disfigurement
Work with a Zachary Car Crash Lawyer
You shouldn’t have to struggle with insurance companies and legal issues after you’ve been injured in a car accident. To set yourself on a straight path toward the compensation you deserve, get in touch with Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers.
Give us a call at 225-387-2323 or fill out the online contact form below to speak with a Zachary car accident lawyer.