Zachary Personal Injury Lawyer
When you’re injured, fighting for the compensation you need to recover can be beyond difficult. Ease your stress with a Zachary personal injury attorney’s help.
If you’ve been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, dealing with the ensuing financial, physical, and emotional stress can be incredibly frustrating. Accidents can upend and interrupt your life; suddenly, you must put great amounts of time and effort into getting back to normal.
Whether your accident was caused by a negligent driver, a defective household product, a careless medical provider, or something else, the attorneys at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers believe you shouldn’t be the one stuck with all the bills.
While the results of your accident cannot be changed, a Zachary personal injury lawyer with our firm can fight to help hold the negligent party accountable and help get you the compensation you’re owed.
Examples of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury is a general term that applies to a broad number of cases in which a plaintiff experiences harm to his or her body or mind.
Examples of personal injury cases your Zachary injury lawyer can handle include the following:
- Vehicle Accident – No matter the type of vehicle involved—car, truck, bus, boat, motorcycle, and more—if your accident was caused by a negligent driver and you were injured, you could be entitled to compensation. Even something as common as speeding can be considered a negligent driving behavior.
- Premises Liability – Property and business owners are required to maintain safe premises for visitors. One example of a potential premises liability case is a shopper being injured after slipping on a substance that was left on the floor of the grocery store.
- Medical Malpractice – When doctors and other medical professionals deviate from standard care in the treatment of patients, patients are put at unnecessary risk of worsening illness, injury, or death. Examples of medical malpractice include misdiagnosis, medication error, and surgical error.
- Defective Products – If a product malfunctions in a way that puts consumers at risk, several parties could be found liable. The teams that designed, manufactured, and marketed the product have a responsibility to adequately warn the public if there are risks associated with it.
In Louisiana, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is one year. This means it’s in your best interest to seek legal help as soon as possible.
Place a Value on Your Claim
An accident that causes personal injury can be devastating—mentally, physically, and financially. If you seek recompense for your injuries, you might come up against a bureaucratic insurance system more concerned with protecting its own profits than your wellbeing.
You shouldn’t have to take on the insurance companies alone. After an accident, you should be free to focus on your recovery. Your Zachary personal injury attorney will guide you through the legal process and work to get you a settlement that accounts for any hardships you may have endured, including the following:
- Medical bills and predicted healthcare expenses
- Time away from work and an inability to return to work
- Property damage
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced ability to enjoy life
Contact a Zachary Injury Lawyer
You can get your life back after suffering a personal injury, but you might need some legal help. Contact a Zachary personal injury lawyer with Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers today. Call 225-387-2323 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page to schedule a consultation.