Over 125 years of
Combined Experience
Get MY Free Consultation

No Fees Until You Get Paid

Recently Involved In A Car Accident With A Drunk Driver?


At Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers, your dedicated car accident lawyer in New Orleans, we know the drunk driving statistics…and we know the unfortunate outcome of drunken driving wrecks in Louisiana. We are dedicated to helping our clients bring these offenders to justice. If you have been injured by a drunk driver and are seeking compensation for your injuries, you may not know where to turn. Thankfully you’ve found us! Today we’re discussing some of our most commonly asked questions related to drunk driving automobile accidents.

Q: What should I do if I am involved in a car accident with a drunk driver?
A: You should alway seek medical attention immediately if you’re involved in an automobile accident. Get a copy of the police report and document the accident by taking careful notes, including the names and contact information of any witnesses and your recollection of what happened. If you decide to take legal action, these notes can be invaluable to your case.

Q: I was a passenger in a car driven by a drunk driver and I was injured when the driver crashed. Can I sue them?
A: It’s possible. Drivers owe a duty of reasonable care to passengers in his or her vehicle. This duty does not change just because he or she is under the influence. However, if the passenger knew the driver was intoxicated but chose to ride with them anyway, they may not have a claim.

Were you recently involved in a drunk driving accident? Call us today!