Baton Rouge Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn wounds are incredibly painful, often disfiguring, and can lead to significant damages and losses. Find out if you have a case for compensation by speaking with a Baton Rouge burn injury lawyer.
If you’ve suffered severe burns in an accident, you’re likely now dealing with the resulting medical debt and a tremendous amount of lost quality of life while you heal. These wounds can have a horrifying impact on both your standard of living and your finances—even far into the future.
When your burns were suffered in an accident caused by someone’s carelessness, you deserve to be financially compensated for your losses. This will mean building a case that proves who was at fault and how much compensation you are owed; things that are difficult to do on your own.
The legal process of a personal injury claim becomes substantially easier when you work with a Baton Rouge burn injury lawyer from Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers.
You Need a Strong Case to Get Compensated for Severe Burns
Getting compensated doesn’t just require proving who caused your burns, it also means building a case that limits your own liability. Any negligence you are found responsible for will reduce your settlement accordingly, and you can bet that the insurance company and opposing attorneys will be doing everything possible to push blame onto you.
Your Baton Rouge burn injury lawyer will prevent this from happening by investigating the accident and identifying everyone who was responsible and how:
- Traffic Accidents – While not quite as common as other injury types, severe burns do happen in crashes, especially those involving semi-trucks hauling flammable cargo and certain chemicals. We’ll need to prove how the other driver was at fault, and whether any external third parties were involved, such as parts manufacturers or road maintenance agencies.
- Construction Accidents – Severe burns are common construction injuries when chemical exposure, fires, electricity, and explosions are involved. A third party contractor or chemical and safety equipment manufacturer could all be to blame.
- Premises Liability Incidents – Sometimes building fires happen due to faulty wiring or leaky gas pipes ignored by negligent property owners. This could create a strong case for financial compensation.
Get the FULL Value of Your Burn Injury Claim
It’s important that you not accept the first settlement offer produced by the other side. More than likely this will be a lowball offer that underestimates the full costs of what you’ve been through. Taking an inadequate settlement will result in you paying out of pocket for medical care and other damages that you weren’t responsible for.
A full assessment of your claim’s value will be performed by your Baton Rouge burn injury lawyer. Our firm will make certain that the settlement you receive is the one that you deserve. We’ll account for every single financial expense and quality-of-life damage caused by your burns:
- Cost of all necessary medical care, including skin grafts and plastic surgery
- Lost wages and income
- Transportation and caretaker expenses
- Property damage and replacement
- Emotional distress and disfigurement
- Lost companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
Help from a Baton Rouge Severe Burn Lawyer
Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers can get you a larger settlement for your burn wounds than what you’ve been offered by the insurance company. Find out how we can help you by discussing your case in detail with a Baton Rouge burn injury lawyer. Just complete the form below or call 225-387-2323 to schedule yours.