Baker Personal Injury Lawyer
No matter where you are or what you’re doing, you’re at risk when other people are careless with your safety. If another person’s negligence caused your injuries, speak with a Baker injury lawyer.
Being involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault is incredibly frustrating. Luckily, there are options available to you to manage the fallout.
You can file a claim against the liable party seeking compensation for your damages. But to help ensure your success, you may need to team up with a Baker personal injury lawyer at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers.
What Type of Claim Do You Have?
Damages sustained in Baker personal injury cases are different from those sustained in everyday accidents. In these instances, a particular party acted negligently, making him or her responsible for providing you with compensation.
Still, it can be confusing to figure out whether you have grounds to take legal action. If you experienced one of these situations, you likely have a viable claim:
- Premises Liability – If you are hurt on another person’s property, you often have the right to file a claim against the property owner. This is applicable to both commercial and residential properties and often entails events like slip-and-fall accidents and dog bites.
- Product Liability – Similarly, if you sustain an injury or contract an illness due to a product you purchased, you likely have a viable claim. Manufacturers are required to ensure safety before putting their goods up for sale. This may include items like electronics, toys, and beauty products.
- Car Accidents – Motor vehicle collisions are often brought about due to driver error, such as speeding, texting behind the wheel, or running a red light. In these cases, the at-fault driver can be held responsible for your damages. Also included in this category are 18-wheeler accidents and motorcycle crashes.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice cases are some of the most severe because they entail negligence or a failure to uphold safety standards on the part of a healthcare provider. Examples may include operating on the wrong part of the body, inaccurately diagnosing a terminal disease, or prescribing the wrong medications.
- Workplace Accidents – If you are injured on the job under particular circumstances, you may be able to seek personal injury compensation from your employer or another responsible party. These types of cases are especially common for those in the construction industry.
Why Work with a Baker Injury Attorney?
Although you aren’t required to secure legal representation, doing so can be extremely helpful. Personal injury law is incredibly complex, and there are many statutes and rules to be aware of when filing.
For example, being unaware of and filing past the one-year statute of limitations in Louisiana could lead to your claim being dismissed. Conversely, filing on time but failing to provide adequate medical documentation could have the same effect. Working with a Baker accident injury lawyer will help ensure your claim is filed properly and without issue.
Your attorney will also handle all communications and negotiations on your behalf. This can help ensure that the insurance company doesn’t get away with pressuring you into accepting a lowball offer or unfairly denying your claim.
Talk to a Baker Personal Injury Attorney
If you suffered a serious injury in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you have the right to take legal action. Our team at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers would be happy to represent your interests and ensure the liable party gives you the compensation you deserve.
To speak with a Baker personal injury lawyer in a free consultation, give us a call at 225-387-2323 or fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page.