Baton Rouge Train Accident Lawyer
The railroad has been an integral part of our country for many years, providing transportation for goods and people from coast to coast. Unfortunately, like all other forms of mass transit, trains come with their own dangers. In fact, nearly 3,000 people every year are injured or killed in railroad accidents. If you or a family member has been injured by a train the experience railroad accident lawyers at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers can help you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and set an example to hopefully improve railroad safety in the future.
Train Accidents Can be Catastrophic
While any type of accident can be devastating, railroad and train accidents can be especially catastrophic. This is because of the sheer mass of a train, whether it is a cargo train or a passenger train, like an AMTRAK. Railroad accidents can take many forms, the most common being:
- Train & Car Accidents
- Train & Commercial Truck Accidents
- Train Derailments
- Train & Pedestrian Accidents
Railroad companies are required by law to meet stringent safety guidelines to ensure safe operations and railroad employees are required by law to be certified in their jobs and get plenty of rest. When one of these does not happen, accidents do.
If You’ve Been Injured In A Railroad Accident: Call Us!
Suffering injuries as a result of a railroad accident can be very traumatic. It is important to remember to remain as calm as possible so you can support your railroad accident case.
- Take notice of the scene. Was there an attempt by the train to stop? What were the conditions like? Who was present? What types of emergency workers arrived?
- Avoid discussing the accident. The railroad company will be looking out for their best interests. Avoid talking to anyone on the scene so you do not implicate yourself as even partially responsible.
- Talk to your insurance company. If you had a vehicle damaged in the train crash, you will want to get your insurance company involved to help cover the damages until the case is closed.
- Call an experienced railroad accident attorney. Remember, the railroad and their insurance companies do not want to compensate you for your injuries. Only an aggressive personal injury attorney can help.
Located in Baton Rouge, LA Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers are here to help you with your claim. Our experienced railroad accident attorneys have the experience and determination to deal with big insurance companies and will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 225-387-2323 or fill out our Case Evaluation Form to your right.