Plaquemine Personal Injury Lawyer
Winning the compensation you need is a real possibility if you work with a Plaquemine injury lawyer.
Whether your pain leaves you feeling annoyed or in an unbearably bad place, sustaining a serious injury is rarely a pleasant surprise. Beyond having to tend to your physical health, you will likely find your attention diverted by large medical bills with looming due dates, made harder to pay by your inability to work.
Fortunately, personal injury victims in the state of Louisiana may be entitled to compensation for their various injuries in the form of an insurance claim or lawsuit. To get a better sense of the road ahead, contact a Plaquemine personal injury lawyer at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers today.
Personal Injury Cases in Plaquemine
Common types of Plaquemine personal injury cases include the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car accidents have increased in number in recent years. Whether someone was drunk or distracted by another motorist or passenger, you will need to prove that the other driver was somehow at fault (i.e., negligent).
- Product Liability – Even the most respected and established companies have been known to produce faulty products or components, leading to injury to consumers. Any firm involved in a good’s production or distribution, including manufacturers and retailers, can be targeted with a product liability suit, provided that negligence can be established.
- Premises Liability – Getting hurt on private property, whether it’s a house, office building, or anything in between, is rarely something you anticipate or prepare for. Should you be bitten by a party host’s dog, fall down the slippery stairs of an office building, or sustain some other sort of serious injury, you may have a viable premises liability case.
- Workplace Accidents – It’s important to be cognizant of the fact that anyone can be injured on the job. If you have sustained an injury from improper training, poorly maintained equipment, or other issues, you may be eligible to recover compensation in the case of physical injury at work.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors can make mistakes that may warrant filing a Plaquemine personal injury claim. Whether the healthcare professional made a mistake during a procedure, forgot to disclose important details, or misrepresented his or her credentials, you may want to take a closer look at your legal options.
Personal Injury Law in Louisiana
Injury victims in Louisiana should be familiar with a handful of legal concepts that will almost certainly apply to their case.
One important concept to fully comprehend is the liability standard of comparative negligence, which can limit your compensation to the degree to which you’re found at fault for your own injuries.
In other words, if you were found to have done something that could place any amount of blame on you for your injuries, your damages would likely be decreased proportionally (e.g., holding 30 percent liability would reduce your compensation by three-tenths).
Another concept to become familiar with is Louisiana’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, which is one year. Your case’s statute of limitations denotes how long you will be given from the date of your accident or injury to actually file a claim.
While these two legal items do not cover everything you will likely encounter in your case, a Plaquemine injury attorney is always there to help with any other questions or concerns relating to Louisiana law.
Contact a Plaquemine Personal Injury Attorney
Minor and serious injuries alike may be cause for legal action, depending on whether someone else is to blame for your newly compromised state.
For a review of which legal paths to compensation may be realistic, contact a Plaquemine personal injury lawyer at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers today. Call us at 225-387-2323 or fill out the online contact form below to schedule a free consultation.