Iberville Truck Accident Lawyer
Here’s how to boost your chance of recovering the compensation you deserve: Work with an Iberville Parish truck crash lawyer.
As a civilian driver, sharing the road with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck in Iberville Parish can be an intimidating, frightening experience. The size and power of these vehicles is clear, and when accidents occur, the potential for damage is great.
If you find yourself in this type of situation, you should know that, as a victim, you have the right to take legal action. Filing a claim against the liable party is a viable way of handling the damage, but to find success in this venture, you may need the help of an Iberville truck accident lawyer from Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers.
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Crashes
Part of determining which party should be held liable after your 18-wheeler collision in Iberville Parish is pinpointing the exact cause of the crash. This is usually determined through the use of pieces of evidence like the police report, photographs of the crash, and witness statements.
Some common factors that lead to semi-truck collisions include the following:
- Fatigued driving
- Texting while behind the wheel
- Driving while intoxicated
- Inclement weather
- Poor road conditions
- Inadequate training before truckers are sent out on the roads
- Improper lane changes
Who Can Be Held Liable for Iberville 18-Wheeler Accidents?
At first, you’ll likely want to pursue compensation directly from the person who physically caused your accident. And while this is a normal desire and a common belief for those seeking an effective course of action after a semi-truck crash, your truck accident lawyer in Iberville Parish may advise against this.
That’s because a few other parties might be held liable after your crash. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, your injury claim might more appropriately be directed at one or several other people involved in the trucking industry. Some of the parties who might be held responsible for your Iberville semi-truck wreck include the following:
- The Truck Driver – Of course, the truck driver will actually be held responsible in many cases. Typically, this occurs when the trucker’s actions were brought on by illegal or careless behavior, such as drinking and driving, driving drowsy, and driving while distracted.
- The Truck Driver’s Employer – The truck driver’s company is often the party held liable in Iberville Parish truck accidents. If the company failed to inspect the truck for safety, forced the trucker to drive in unsafe conditions, or created unrealistic shipping schedules that caused the driver to rush, you might be able to hold it accountable.
- The Truck Manufacturer – In some cases, truck accident liability may actually fall on the manufacturer of the vehicle. This may happen if the vehicle itself or any parts were responsible for the crash.
Turn to an Iberville Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
If you were hurt in an 18-wheeler or semi-truck crash in Iberville Parish, the legal team at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers would like to offer our assistance. You have the right to seek compensation and secure the financial help you need, and we’re here to help make that happen.
Give us a call directly at 225-387-2323 or fill out the form at the bottom of the page to schedule a free initial consultation with an Iberville truck accident lawyer.