Denham Springs Wrongful Death Lawyer
When your loved one has died in an accident caused by another’s negligent actions, you have the right to seek justice and financial recompense. Call a Denham Springs fatal accident attorney with Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers to learn about filing a wrongful death claim.
The death of a loved one is always tragic, but it can be more so when you know their death could have been avoided. If other people took care to watch out for the safety of others, this might not have happened. The person who caused your beloved family member’s death could be held accountable for what they’ve done through the Denham Springs civil injury claim process.
Not every person who brings about the death of another will be prosecuted in criminal court. Sometimes, people don’t mean to hurt others, but they can still be held accountable in civil court for careless or wrongful behavior. Call a Denham Springs wrongful death lawyer to discuss the possibility of bringing a claim against the person responsible for the accident that killed your loved one.
Why Do People File Wrongful Death Claims?
A Denham Springs wrongful death claim will not bring your loved one back to you, so why do people file claims? There are several positive reasons to file a fatal accident claim.
- One, your claim could serve as a form of justice by holding the person who caused your loved one’s death accountable for what they’ve done.
- Two, your claim could bring about changes in laws, which protect others from being injured or killed, and it could also prevent the person responsible from hurting anyone else. This can be especially true with commercial trucking collisions, as new laws are created to ensure overworked drivers don’t get behind the wheel.
- Three, financial compensation is awarded in a successful claim, which could allow you and your family to pay for financial costs associated with your family member’s death.
Just know that you only have one year to file a wrongful death claim in Denham Springs, Louisiana. Don’t wait too long to pinpoint your reason for filing a claim.
The Damages You Could Be Awarded for a Denham Springs Fatal Accident
Your Denham Springs fatal accident lawyer knows that your family member’s death has changed your life. You have likely been impacted emotionally and financially by this tragic loss. Your claim could bring you a monetary award to pay for the suffering you’ve been through and also for the financial losses you’ve endured.
Below, these are some damages commonly awarded in Louisiana wrongful death claims.
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost income and lost benefits
- Loss of care and companionship
- Grief and anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Value of lost household services
- Medical care costs
Get in Contact with a Fatal Accident Attorney in Denham Springs, LA
You’ve suffered greatly because of your loved one’s death. The thought of dealing with a wrongful death claim might seem like too much work for you right now. You don’t need to handle your claim alone.
A Denham Springs wrongful death lawyer can assist you with the entire claim process. They will make every effort to see that you and your family receive the justice and financial compensation you’re after. Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers can be reached by dialing 225-387-2323 or by filling out the online contact form below.