Over 125 years of
Combined Experience
Get MY Free Consultation

No Fees Until You Get Paid

Who Is at Fault for My Car Accident?

When you’re involved in a vehicle wreck, sometimes it’s easy to determine who caused the crash and is therefore liable for your damages. For instance, if a drunk driver hits you, it won’t be difficult for you to figure out who is to blame.

However, the cause of every car crash is not so easy to determine. For instance, if a driver smashes into you at an intersection, you might think the other driver is responsible, but what if there was another factor you haven’t considered that actually caused the crash? What if the driver who smashed into you lost control of their vehicle because of faulty brakes?

If you are going to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against someone, you will need to learn the answer to your first question: Who is at fault for my car accident?

Determining Fault in Vehicle Collisions

The very first step in any injury case is to figure out what caused the crash and who was at fault. In order to figure this out, you will need to investigate your accident and gather evidence.

There are many different types of evidence that can be used to prove fault in a car accident, such as witness statements, police reports, photo and video evidence, crash scene expert reports, cell phone records, evidence of drunk driving, and physical evidence.

Each person’s case is unique and so the evidence available in your case could be different. In general, the following are some of the parties that are often known to be liable for vehicle collisions:

  • The other involved driver(s)
  • The government
  • A construction company
  • A commercial trucking company
  • Rideshare drivers and companies
  • Manufacturers
  • Mechanics or body shops

Make the Call to a Vehicle Crash Lawyer Now

Do you need some help answering this question in your own auto wreck case: Who is at fault for my car accident? A lawyer at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers can assist you in figuring out who is to blame for your accident, and we can help you to go after them by filing a civil case. Call 225-387-2323 or fill out the web submission form below to receive your free claim assessment.