Baton Rouge Amputation Lawyer
Losing a limb is easily one of the most traumatic experiences you can endure, and it shouldn’t be followed by trauma from medical expenses and other hardships. To find out how to pursue compensation, get in touch with a Baton Rouge amputation attorney.
Few injuries impact your life as much as an amputation, and if you’ve lost a limb due to an accident that wasn’t your fault, you should be compensated.
Our firm can investigate your accident to determine who was at fault and how much compensation you’re owed for your injury. We can seek damages not only for your medical bills, but also for expenses like caregiving services, the loss of your wage-earning potential, and your physical therapy.
A Baton Rouge amputation lawyer with Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers is here to help you with your personal injury claim. Our team includes experienced attorneys who understand the unique circumstances involved in amputation cases, and we will fight vigorously for the compensation you’re owed.
What Causes the Loss of a Limb?
Many accidents could cause the loss of a limb, including workplace accidents, vehicle wrecks, and medical malpractice. If you’ve been injured in an accident that you weren’t responsible for, you can be compensated for your damages.
Here is a list of accidents that could lead to amputation:
- Injuries Sustained in Vehicle Crashes – Car and truck accidents are a leading cause of amputations.
- Injuries Sustained in Work-Related Accidents – Falling objects, explosions, and other workplace accidents can cause serious injuries like lost limbs.
- Medical Malpractice – Surgical errors or a doctor’s failure to diagnose a medical problem like diabetes can lead to amputations.
- Pedestrian and Bike Accidents – The violent impact of a vehicle against a person can cause substantial damage to the limbs.
- Construction Site Accidents – Whether you are a worker or a pedestrian hurt in a construction area, you may be able to pursue personal injury compensation if the accident caused you to lose a limb.
Compensation for Your Amputation
The costs associated with losing a limb are extensive. You are probably looking at hospital bills, multiple surgeries, rehabilitation expenses, and mental health services. You may also need to purchase a mechanical aid or pay for a caregiver.
If you have been injured due to the fault of someone else and are facing extensive expenses, you deserve to pursue compensation for your losses. Your Baton Rouge lost limb attorney will include all of your medical expenses in your claim, as well as your nonmonetary damages.
Below are some amputation-related damages that could be listed in your claim for compensation:
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Mental health services
- Mechanical aids or prosthetics
- Caregiving services
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Lost wages and diminished earning potential
Work with a Baton Rouge Amputation Attorney
If you’ve suffered an amputation due to another person’s negligence, you deserve compensation so you can afford to move forward with your life. The expenses related to an amputation must be paid, and we don’t think that responsibility should fall on you.
A Baton Rouge amputation lawyer from Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers is available to help you with your personal injury claim today. Call us at 225-387-2323 or fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page to schedule a free consultation.