What Can a Personal Injury Attorney Do for You?
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Baton Rouge, you understand the drastic consequences it can have for both your well-being and that of your family. Perhaps you suffer from lingering pains or disabilities, outstanding medical bills, or even trauma associated with your accident.
When someone else is responsible for your damages, you have a right to seek financial compensation. A personal injury lawyer in Baton Rouge can help you go after the settlement that gets your life back.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Understand the Value of Your Damages
Accidents leading to personal injury come in all shapes and sizes. Some present minor damages to person or property; others, unfortunately, can lead to permanent, life-altering disability or even death.
A good personal injury lawyer will have experience fighting for their clients’ rights in a number of cases. Some of the most common can include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — From a classic fender bender to a catastrophic 18-wheeler collision, motor vehicle accidents are a leading source of personal injuries in the United States. When negligent driving is the culprit, a personal injury lawyer can help.
- Workplace Accidents — Workplaces can be a fertile breeding ground for personal injury. Often, employees suffer the consequences of faulty machinery, old or ineffective equipment, or a lack of safety preparation.
- Wrongful Death — No amount of money can bring your loved one back, but a lawsuit can help restore damages incurred by funeral expenses, medical bills, or emotional anguish.
- Medical Malpractice — Patients put their lives in the hands of their trusted medical professionals. When incompetence or neglect lead to a negative outcome, you may have the right to financial compensation.
- Premise Liability — Property owners owe a duty of care to their visitors. From a slip-and-fall at a local business to injuries suffered during an aggressive dog attack, a personal injury lawyer can fight for you.
Personal injury cases hinge on a plaintiff’s ability to prove the at-fault party’s negligence led to their damages. No matter the cause of your personal injury, working together with a personal injury lawyer and a trusted doctor can allow you to get an understanding of the real value of your settlement.
Personal Injury Lawyers Bring Experience to the Negotiating Table
As is often the case in personal injury disputes, the defendant may try to settle with the plaintiff to avoid a lengthy court proceeding. When you sue someone else for your personal injury, their insurance company is liable to pay for your damages.
Insurance adjusters will often do everything in their power to avoid paying you the full value of your damages. They want to protect the company’s bottom line.
This is why most personal injury victims elect to partner with an experienced attorney, even if their claim never sees the inside of a courtroom. Personal injury lawyers know how to take the insurance companies head-on and can be the difference between a settlement that doesn’t really cover your expenses and one that does.
Contact a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident, there’s no reason to let an insurance company dictate the terms of your settlement. The attorneys at Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers know what it takes to win a fair settlement for their clients, and they can help you fight for the damages you deserve.
Ready to see what a Baton Rouge personal injury lawyer can do for you? Call 225-387-2323 or fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page to get started with a free, no-obligation consultation.