Over 125 years of
Combined Experience
Get MY Free Consultation

No Fees Until You Get Paid

How to Sue for Medical Mistakes in Louisiana

Doctors in Louisiana are supposed to help heal people, not harm them. While most certainly do their best to take care of their patients, there are some doctors who make careless mistakes or hurt someone due to wrongful behavior. When something like that occurs, you can hold them accountable for the harm they caused you by filing a medical malpractice claim.

First, you need to learn how to sue for medical mistakes in Louisiana.

Suing for Medical Mistakes

To sue for medical mistakes, you need to know what elements must exist for a medical malpractice claim to go through.

One element of a malpractice claim is that you need to have been seeing a doctor or medical provider. Two, you need to have been injured by the medical provider and you need to have suffered damages. You must also be able to prove that the medical error was something that other medical professionals in the same circumstances would not have done.

For instance, if you were injured during surgery, other medical professionals need to agree that the surgical error should not have occurred.

To explain that further, you need to understand that all doctors make mistakes. No one is perfect, and reasonable errors are to be expected. However, errors that happen because the doctor was being careless would be a different story.

If you can prove that your injury was caused by medical negligence, then you have a medical malpractice claim. You can file your claim against the doctor who hurt you. A medical malpractice attorney can help you with your claim so you can be sure to follow all mandatory time limits and rules for filing in Louisiana.

Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Louisiana

Now you know how to sue for medical mistakes in Louisiana. Reach out to a Baton Rouge medical malpractice attorney for help with your claim. Call Spencer Calahan Injury Lawyers at 225-387-2323 or fill out the online submission form below to reach our firm and receive a free case evaluation.